To leverage our talent pools to their maximum levels, diversity at the intersectional individual level must be nurtured. To do so, it is essential to acknowledge, accept, and embrace: physical, mental, and emotional diversity. But how can an enterprise do so?
With the expansive number of employees, global presence, and legal dynamics, diversity initiatives management becomes a more complex matter for Fortune 1000 enterprises. There are challenges in security, scalability, and reliability. There are further challenges in defining diversity success and measuring it.
To capture talent pool diversity intersectionality in a secure, scalable, and reliable manner, the only feasible approach is leveraging technology. Leaders at enterprises are also required — leaders with a strategic vision and proactive approach (as opposed to managers who are more likely to be tactical and reactive). Leaders and technology solutions alone can help enterprises leverage — and reap the benefits of — a global and intersectional diverse talent pool.
Tips for business leaders:
- Step out of your comfort zone and embrace technology as your partner.
- Prepare to see and leverage technology as a strategic tool for your overall success.
- Find diversity technology partners that serve as trusted advisors.
- Find diversity technology partners that are truly interested in addressing your challenges and goals — those that will work with and for you.
- Find diversity technology partners that want to invest and grow with you.
Tips for technology leaders:
- Develop diversity technology that enterprise leaders can deploy and be certain will be adopted by their talent pool
- Develop diversity technology that nurtures global individual diversity intersectionality (i.e. physical, mental, and emotional similarities and differences)
- Develop diversity technology that is specific to Fortune 1000 enterprises and is secure, scalable, and reliable.
- Listen to your client’s needs, challenges, and goals; then address them.
- Be a true technology trusted advisor: understand your client’s situation (i.e. initiatives, budget, timeline), stand with your client side-by-side, and help your client leverage past and current investments to help them succeed.
On the path to leverage an enterprise’s global diverse talent pool, business and technology leaders must come together. It is in the collaboration of both (and in business, technology, and diversity alignment) where enterprises can truly leverage diversity to its full advantage. After all, inclusion of a diverse talent pool leads to higher employee job satisfaction, productivity, and performance; and by extension, satisfied employees lead to a more satisfied enterprise client base, which leads to a whole lot of people being happier and making enterprises more money. Happiness cha-ching.
About the author: Lolita Taub is a UN Women’s Empower Women Global Champion for Women’s Economic Empowerment. For her term, Taub has committed to raise awareness on the topic of diversity & inclusion through a special 6 post blog series.
Originally published at www.huffingtonpost.com.