Welcome to Ganas Ventures!
🤩 Welcome to Ganas Ventures! We’re happy to have you here! Below are a TL;DR intro, quick links, updates, and opportunities for you to join our community (if you’re not already part of it).
How did Ganas Ventures get started?
The TL;DR is that it was time to launch my own solo fund after I invested in +90 startups as a scout/angel/VC, co-founded my first successful fund The Community Fund, and nurtured a community of +78K founders, funders, and friends over the last +6 years. The motivation: produce outsized returns con ganas while changing the narrative of who VCs are, who we invest in, and how companies become unicorns by just being us.
On that last note, Ganas is the first Latina-led 506c traditional fund on AngelList. Yup, there’s a lot of work ahead of us. To get the behind-the-scenes on how Ganas started, read my post here.
👊🏽 ¡Échale ganas! The Story Behind Launching Ganas Ventures
My parents left their farms and families in Mexico in the '80s in pursuit of giving their kids a shot at the American…
Who is Ganas Ventures?
Ganas Ventures invests in pre-seed and seed community-driven startups in the US and Latin America. We believe that companies with community at the center of all that they do will become unicorns and produce outsized returns.
What’s Ganas’s check size and what are you looking for?
We write $100K checks to founders with ganas and a big vision to address big problems in growing markets thru a sustainable go-to-community strategy.
How does Ganas support portfolio companies?
We help our portfolio companies with sales, community, and fundraising strategies by leveraging our expertise, proprietary tools, WhatsApp, and our Ganas LP, mentor, and support community.
We have a platform of over +78K community members that allows us to support all our companies via tools, mentorship, fundraising support, and more. We’re aiming to invest in 75 companies in 4 years. Learn more about how Ganas adds value to portfolio founders here.
How can I join the Ganas family?
We share some quick links below for founders, investors/LPs, and community peeps — like mentors, scouts and perks partners!
- Founders — Apply for investment consideration
- Investors/LPs — Apply to become an investor in Ganas
- Community — Meet/become our founders, LPs, scouts, mentors, and perks partners here!
For more quick links visit us our Ganas Welcome page.
What are Ganas’s latest updates?
- We raised +$4.2M out of our $10M target from top tier community-driven LPs such as Elias (Co-founder at unicorn Drift in US), Beezer (Partner Sapphire Ventures), Arlan (Managing Partner at Backstage), Satya (Partner Homebrew), Dani (Co-founder at unicorn Cornershop in LATAM), Sweater Ventures, New Chic Capital, FirstLook Digital Assets.
- We received 2.5K+ startup submissions and invested in 6 new startups in the US and Latin America.
- We made 6 investments into Latitud, Around, Shappi, Leadsales, Masa, and Papaya. They are 33% pre-seed and 67% seed; 67% fall under the future of work/creator economy, 33% in ecommerce/fintech; with 50% headquartered in the US and 50% in Latin America; and 100% are BIPOC-led, 67% women-led, and 17% LGBTQ-led. Co-investors include: a16z, NFX, Digital Capital Currency, Ulu Ventures, Leap Ventures and others.
- Hosted 20+ networking and learning events for our community, including a virtual conference on the future of venture capital. Events happened online and offline in Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and across the US and received an average rating of 4.8/5.
- Launched the Ganas Deal Partner program and now we have 400+ scouts
- We invested in our first Ganas Deal Partner referred deal
- Launched the Ganas Mentor program and now we have 160+ mentors
- Launched the Ganas Perks program and now we have 80+ perk partners
- Made the Angeles Investors Estrellas Top 40 list of funds investing in Latino-founded startups, were featured on the Nasdaq Tower for being some of the first movers in supporting equity in venture capital, and highlighted in Techcrunch, Crunchbase, and more
For more updates, visit us here and stay in the loop by subscribing to Lolita’s Newsletter here.
About Lolita Taub: As a Latina emerging manager and general partner at Ganas Ventures, I always want to work with or invest in community-driven founders, funders, and friends. I have a strong track record with 15 years of experience in the Silicon Valley ecosystem. I have sold over $70 million in tech products and services, made over 90 investments as an angel investor and venture capitalist with Backstage Capital, Lightspeed, and The Community Fund, and had 3 successful exits from my portfolio.
Forbes, Inc Magazine, Nasdaq, and others acknowledge my efforts in advocating investment in underestimated and undervalued founders. I completed my undergraduate studies at the University of Southern California and earned my MBA from the IE Business School.
In addition to my professional accomplishments, I am a dedicated community builder with more than 78,000 founders, funders, and ecosystem friends. And I want to back founders who care about the community, invite LPs into the Ganas Ventures family, and build wealth in the community that will last for generations.